Maia celebrated her 5th birthday last month, but due to a busy mom, faulty phone jacks, and a wonderful week of Family Camp I am just now getting to her post.
We do not do parties for our kids every year, but have a tradition of giving a big party for their 5th birthday. Maia's got a little out of control:-) We had a bounce house, which went surprisingly well. What do parents expect when you throw a bunch of sugared up 4 to 9 year olds in a small bouncy space? Some children were jumped on and there were some who tried to be in charge (a Basnight of course) and there was a little name calling in sing song voices between girls and boys (instigated by, you guessed it, a Basnight). But overall I was pleased with rate of crying and tattling vs the laughter and impressive feats of tumbling that were occurring within the netted walls.
On arrival each child was given 2 and half paper plates to paint. Later in the day when they were dry they were transformed into bird puppets! (To see some pretty impressive puppets check out the blog where I found the idea.)
In addition to birthday cake we had a cotton candy machine. I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of Moriah and Emily making countless cotton candies to the delight of squealing children and adults alike!
It was a very fun day and Maia must have told me 20 times that is was the best birthday ever!Maia's list of things she is thankful for:
1. My birthday when the jump house came over
2. Camping with Bryson, who we actually call B.J.
3. When daddy turned on the Earth Movie
4. Picking flowers
5. Walking Katie the dog


1 comment:
Happy Birthday Maia!
Post a Comment