Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ginger Bread Houses!

We have never really tried to do ginger bread houses, so thought we would give it a go this year. I assigned Moriah the task of finding just the right ginger bread and frosting recipe. She made a prototype on Monday night and Tuesday morning while I was out running errands Michaela called to tell me that all Jeremiah wanted for breakfast was that ginger bread house!
Today I picked up two of the kids friends, J.C. and Sienna, and we had a house building party complete with hot chocolate that they stirred with candy canes!



Before we made the houses today I had to go to the market to get more powdered sugar. I took Maia and Maris with me and told them not to ask for anything, we were only buying the sugar....well, we got in line and there right at the girls eye level were these adorable hats! How could I say no?










2 comments:

Emily Campbell said...

Love them! I really would love to have Moriah's recipe! They turned out great!

gma said...

Wow - catching up on your blog - love the pics, and yes, I probably would have given in to the hat for Violet!