What an exciting night! Michaela, Violet, and I along with two very good friends took off for the city yesterday, and after a very yummy and fragrant dinner at the Stinking Rose, we embarked on our first book signing adventure! Books Inc. in San Francisco hosted Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman, to promote her new book, "From Black Heels to Tractor Wheels". It was 2 miles from the restaurant to the book store, but between "no left turns between these hours", one way streets, and interpreting the information from the bilingual parking garage attendant, I think it took us close to a half an hour to arrive at the books store's front doors! They were very organized and we were given tickets showing our place in the line up. We were in the "K" group. I think there were 10 people in each letter group and I'm not sure how far into the alphabet the tickets went, but I do know there were several people behind us. After a Q&A time the book signing began. We waited, and waited, and waited, and waited....Shortly after 10pm Michaela and I moved the car from one parking garage, that closed at 11 to a 24 hour garage. Then we waited some more...finally around 11:00 pm we made it to the blue line! Ree was very friendly and personable; she chatted with each of us as if we were her close friends. She even had the book store employee take a picture of us with her camera after she learned that I was expecting my 10th baby, and that Violet was my grand daughter! I put a plug in for Beach Bodies, said some other silly stuff, and then left feeling very satisfied with the whole experience. I jokingly told Ree I expected to see the picture on her blog, but as she blogs about ranch life, cooking, photography, and homeschooling I'm not sure a crazy mom of 10, grandma to one, and someone who reeked with the pungency of fresh garlic will ever quite fit into any of her posts!
*Coincidently, while I was pasting the link to Books Inc., I discovered that the talented and clever bloggstress of Dress a Day and author of "The Secret Lives of Dresses" will be at their Burlingame store February 17th! Anyone up for a trip to the city??

1 comment:
Oh fun! Glad you all had a great time! When is the trip to the City? I might like to go (not that I care about what we will see but because I love the City!!!)
Post a Comment