Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Time Flies

Wow! Where has November gone? I can't believe it's the end of the month already. I have spent very little time on line this month. Instead I have been sewing, sewing, and sewing. Maia accused me at one point of always sewing. I'm not sure if I am always sewing, but I have made quite a few things in the past few weeks. I will have to post pictures later as I have been as bad at taking pictures as I have been at blogging this month!

Here are a few pics that did manage to get taken:

Bunko game with some families from church. Before this there was a capture the flag game in the dark, dinner, and extreme cups (similar to spoons, but there was a steep hill and running involved) Unfortunately neither Mark or I thought to take pictures before this moment.


This next picture is of Maia in her custom apron. We went to Wal Mart so she could choose fabric for a new apron and she took this endeavor very seriously. She didn't want any help and she didn't even want me standing over her while she poured over the selection. It took her several minutes to show me the fabrics that she loved the most. When she handed me the bolts she knew that the Tinkerbell was for the apron and the Tweety Bird was for the ruffle. She then proceeded to select sparkly ric rac and three gold buttons. The pattern actually shows the pocket near the hip (and without buttons), but Maia thought it best centered on her chest to show off the buttons.


Now we have Josiah and his "bug". Friday morning I was sewing and he came up behind me and said "Mama, bug". I turned around to find in his hand a little millipede thing. My first reaction was Ahhh, take that thing outside, then I remembered the camera....I wish I could get clearer pictures up close, but these will have to do....


He has since brought in quite a few "bugs" but he is very good at taking them back outside so they can eat grass.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the fabric Maia pick out! Good job and it looks like she can cook in it very well! Bugs, not afraid like the rest of the Basnights!

Unknown said...

oops - sorry for the typo - can it be the key board??? (picked)

Anonymous said...

I love the fabric also, very cute!
Hope everyone enjoyed their
Thanksgiving feast.

Emily Campbell said...

Looks like you guys have been having fun! Love the choice of fabric Maia!

kellabunga said...

HEY that zebra bench looks familiar, how did that get left behind??