Thursday, August 13, 2009

Today...

was one of those days that was just so wonderful that I am actually blogging about it! I didn't get pictures of everything, but did get quite a few....

Yesterday I received my much awaited copy of Handmade Home by Amanda Soule. After flipping through the beautifully photographed pages and reading over some of the projects I decided that I must make a rag rug with all my scrap fabrics. When I showed the picture to the girls this morning they were all excited and Madison suggested that we make small rugs, one for each child to use during our circle time. What a wonderful project for us! Even Jeremiah enjoyed going through the big box of scraps!

After much talk of favorite fabrics and some cutting, it was time for lunch. Maia and Madison pulled meat off of our left over bbq chicken to make a chicken and rice soup. While they were doing this I asked what else we could put in our soup. Madison said carrots, so she peeled and cut carrots. Maia suggested celery and set about cutting some stalks after she chopped up the chicken pieces. Josiah scooped up a cup of rice out of the big bag in the pantry and soon we had a wonderful lunch! You should have seen Madison and Maia eating and going on and on how wonderful the soup was! Emily and I heartily agreed. Josiah had three helpings!

Next, after naps of course, we headed out to the Hacienda for line dancing,

then to the farmer's market for some fresh fruit.


Now the kids were ready to hit the pool.


Last time we went swimming Josiah saw the outdoor showere being used and he was determined to shower today. He couldn't reach the handle so the girls came over to help. Maris was the first to help, but no water came.

Madison and Maia both tried without success so I thought that the shower must have been disconected. Then I heard Josiah say, "here it is." I turned to see this:

I was pretty impressed! So were the girls.

1 comment:

gma said...

Fun, fun, fun! Dad had an Aunt that made braided rugs from plastic bread wrappers. (Actually I think it was Uncle Virgil's mom, so no blood relation there.