Thursday, March 13, 2008

Multiple UFO Sightings


I started cutting out an apron yesterday and realized I was missing one pattern piece. That forced me to clean off the sewing table. To my surprise, I sighted 8 UFO's! (UnFinished Objects) From top to bottom: a p.j. top for Maris (I finished the bottoms months ago), p.j. top and bottoms for Madison, p.j. top and bottoms for Maia, cute, cute brown/aqua, floral/polka dot apron (for Etsy shop when I finally get around to opening it), another cute apron with chickens (also for the shop), a dress I started about 6 years ago (yikes!), a dress for Moriah (started back in October), and finally, a black skirt for Michaela. Now in my defense, since October I have finished 5 different aprons, 27 shoulder bags, a western saloon girl costume, 6 p.j. bottoms, 1 p.j. top and bottom set, 3 matching skirts, and one whole dress for me that is just waiting for the right buttons to jump out at me. Ooh! and I helped Madison sew a skirt and headband. So I'm not so much a procrastinator as I am a fickle sewer. I guess now more than ever I better get off the computer and get to that sewing machine! I feel an all nighter coming on......

1 comment:

Emily Campbell said...

I'm going to have to send Carrlee up to learn to sew! She really likes it and it is not my thing. I've only ever started one dress and someone else finished it!