Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday, Monday

Mark had the day off so we took advantage and did some shopping this morning with just the boys. (I love that boys is plural, we waited a long time for that!) Then, this afternoon Mark and I went on a double date, of sorts, with Moriah and Maia. Mark and I saw Iron Man, and the girls saw Nim's Island. After the movies we went to Baskin Robins, where Maia spent more time picking out cakes for her next 5 birthdays than she did actually eating her ice cream!

Now, Mark and I have know each other for a long time. Even before either of us thought of dating one another we were best friends, so you might think there is nothing new for either of us to learn about the other. Well, if you thought that, you thought wrong. While getting back into the car I made a comment about drinking most of the soda Mark and I had shared. He agreed that I did, in fact, consume most of the drink. He then gave me an FYI: in the future, when we view a movie together, he holds the popcorn. He usually does, but for some reason I ended up with it today. I told him he could have asked to hold it, but he replied that he was trying to be nice. What a gentleman. I had no idea this was so important to him. The FYI is duly noted and I will allow Mark control of the popcorn bucket during all future movie viewing.

Tonight, while getting the kids ready for bed, I was treated to my boys wearing their matching PJs. I bought this fabric while in Chicago, knowing I would make Josiah a pair, but for some reason I had 2 yards cut. It only takes about a half yard to make Josiah a pair of anything! When I got it home and Javan saw it, he asked if he could have some PJs too! Maybe they remind him of his favorite childhood bedtime book, "There's a Monster Under My Bed!"


Here it is close up:

No comments: