Saturday our church hosted a Home School Encouragement Day for all the ladies. It was a wonderful time! I had the opportunity to talk about Preschool Activity bags as another mom had bought several items to put together a variety of bags. I simply gave instructions on assembling the bags and encouraged the moms to plan, plan, plan. I had wanted to be super organized for the day and have a half page of resources for moms wanting to get creative with their kiddos, but in the end and in true Amy style, I had nothing prepared! So for those of you from that day that happen to stumble across our family blog, here is, not a half page, but just a few resources for your crafting pleasure. My favorite by far is the Crafty Crow. I just recently purchased a great little book titled The Preschooler's Busy Book. With these two aides at your fingertips you can truly entertain your little ones (and your not so little ones too!) for hours on end in the months to come. I will give you just one more blog SouleMama. I love Amanda Soule's energy and passion for her family, her hometown, her projects and her photography. I am encouraged to be a better mom each time I visit. I may have mentioned her book Creative Family Times before, but can't remember now.
Speaking of can't remember, I must share what I did Sunday morning. I woke up at 6 and decieded to get a jump start on the day while the rest of the family was sleeping. After I got out of the shower the house was still and quiet and I thought how nice it would be to have a cup of coffee and go over some of the notes on high school I had received the day before. I started the coffee and went back to do my make up and when I returned to the kitchen, there all over the counter was a mess of water and coffee grounds, I had forgotten to put the pot on the burner! Am really getting that old!?
Thankfully the church had an able bodied, sound minded person recruited to brew coffee before services started so I was able to enjoy a cup on arriving there!
Well, this is really just a rambling post, so I will let you get on to other things. I am trying to convince Mark to post on our vacation; I enjoy his writing so much. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long!
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I had to laugh you know I've been reading too many blogs when I have linked to the same blog through two different friends, friends blogs. I have been to the blog with the jar of chore sticks twice now - maybe I need to try it!
It was great sitting by you and chatting with you on Sat! I think you would like my sister-in-law's blog - she is quite the seamstress!
:o) Rachel
Post a Comment