Want to catch up? Here we go...............
I made a pair of boxers for Josiah, but ended up ripping them apart several times. They look cute from the back, but the front? Not so much. And when I put them on him he took one step and took them right off. They have a bit of a penguin effect through the crotch area. Oh well, the fabric is adorable and I learned a new seam while constructing them. I will try again later.
We spent all day Friday with friends. Here are Maia and Maris in the pool with my friend's little girl.
Saturday found us at the dump disposing of our refuse. The kids love going the dump. They are not allowed to get out, but as you can see in the above picture they crowd the back window and can be heard giving a running commentary on what is being thrown out. "Daddy threw away my kung fu box, I was going to make a house out of that." "He just threw away a perfectly good Easter bucket, and a straw!" I love it when they comment on other peoples trash. The phrase often repeated is that the item being observed is "perfectly good". I'm sure Mark is relieved that there are rules in place that keep his family from collecting all these perfectly good items for use at home!
Next up, a trip to the lake with friends.

Javan is an old pro at wake boarding, but this was Moriah's first time. She did a great job. I was very proud of her!

While out on the lake we saw this wild fire break out. It was an amazing sight as we first saw the billowy smoke and then large licks of fire jumping up. Javan called 911, but the fire had already been reported. We were able to watch the planes come a dump what ever it is they dump on the fire. Then a helicopter came and scooped water out of the lake to drop onto the fire. It was very educational. I believe they were able to contain it, but even after we had been back at our friends campsite for a while we could still hear the planes circling above for quite some time. Hopefully no one was injured and they were able to keep the fire from the nearby houses.

When we stopped the boat for the non-wake boarders to swim, Josiah was so excited to "splash"! He loves swimming and often wears his water wings around the house asking to go the beach! Javan took him in and Josiah kept a death grip around his neck the entire time!
My friends parents were camping with them and brought this hammock which they purchased when my friend was quite small. It appears to be holding up very well! It was a favorite with all the kids after the water lost its appeal.We rested today, but have another fun day planned tomorrow.



4 comments:
Looks like fun!
I remember going to the dump with daddy. We had a trailor that had duel purposes - dump and a camp trailor - I remember always wonddering why they would let us girls (3) sleep in something they took to the dump! That is what poor people did :)
and I feel bad that our quads have to ride in our trash trailer! I
can't imagine having the girls sleep in there!
Fun! My kids love anything that has to do with water and boats! We will be up at Bass Lake the week of Aug. 11th (just the girls and I) if any of you want to come up. We are thinking of renting a party boat. Brocks Grandma has a vacation house up there so there is plenty of room!
Post a Comment