Today Emily is 13! We now have three teenagers in the house! I remember going into labor in the wee hours on February 23; I got up and dressed and made sure I had my bag, I then woke Mark up and told him it was time. He jumped up and said he would call his sisters to come and stay with the other kids. While he was on the phone I went out to the car and waited, and waited, and waited. I finally went back into the house and asked, "What are you doing?" He replied that he had taken shower but was almost ready. I was very irritated at the time, but now it seems pretty funny. When we arrived at the hospital, the nurse asked what we were there for and I thought she must be the stupidest person on the planet. Here is it like 4 in the morning, I'm obviously very pregnant and I am doubled over in pain with contractions. What do you think we're here for?!?!?! Mark, I'm sure said something very rational and we were admitted and only had to wait about an hour and half for her arrival. Emily was a surprise, unlike the last 4 we had no idea if she was a boy or a girl, but for some reason I had it in my head that she was a boy and had convinced Mark of the same. When the midwife held her up Mark said, "It's a...GIRL?" I sat up quickly, "What?!" Yes, I could see for myself, she was in fact a girl, a beautiful little baby girl with olive skin and large eyes. We chose Emily Rose for her name and thought we would call her by both names. You all know Emily though and from early on we knew it would have to be just plain Emily. I still love her full name, but she cringes at the thought of being a Rose.
We started our celebrations Saturday at my parents where we ate the most incredible king prawns! And of course there was cake...

My mom has collected Coca Cola stuff for years and on this birthday Emily inherited 4 boxes of Coca Cola paraphernalia, I mean collectors items. Not sure where they will all go, but Emily is pretty excited, ask her about them sometime.

Today, on her real birthday we had cinnamon rolls and sausage links for breakfast.

After everyone was finished feasting the girls brought out countless "gifts" in an assortment of gift bags. We were laughing as Emily gave a running commentary on the presents..."Oh, here's Maia's headband, hum, Madison's Nerf gun, and my stuffed dog..."

Not knowing when our newest little guy will arrive Mark and I opted to give Em an Amazon gift card. She spent it quickly, and a little bit more. Now she gets to look forward to the "package man" to arrive.

Now that the day has almost come to an end Emily has given me permission to go into labor, however, Mark came home from work stating that he has a busy week ahead of him and would like for me try and wait a little longer!! I'm sure the baby will come in God's perfect timing.
Oops! I got so wordy I almost forgot Emily's list of 13 things she likes the most:
1. The Bible
2. The Movie Sahara
3. Airplanes
4. Fantasy Books
5. Coke
6. Swimming
7. Back Packing
8. Knives
9. Switzerland Chocolate
10. Monterey
11. Ping Pong
12. Soccer
13. Comedy
4 comments:
hey em! awesome, awesome present from your gramma! you are so, so lucky! but please, just for me, stick that stuff all over your room and your bed, so that it looks like moriah likes coke too! (evil laugh)
anyway, happy birthday! and keep up the coke loving (even though it's only number 5 :( )!!
-:-hayden-:-
Waht a great bd you had - which lasted more than a day! Enjoy the coke stuff - I'm glad you are very happy with it. It was fun giving it to someone who will really enjoy it - boxed or unboxed! love you, gma
opps, I see you recived one of my famous typos!
Happy Birthday Emily! Hope you had a great day! Carrlee and the Campbells!
Post a Comment