Monday, February 9, 2009

Sew Busy

Yesterday I stayed home from church to nurse my cold and do a little sewing. When the girls came home they saw I had been productive without them and wanted to each do a project of their own. Madison chose this cute lined clutch from Bend the Rules Sewing:

I measured and drew the lines on the fabric for Madison to cut out and ended up helping with the button. She did all the sewing, turning and ironing to make the little clutch a huge success!

Maris bought these fat quarters way back in October with plans to make a blanket, we finally accomplished that task!

Maia, not wanting to be left out wanted to sew anything! I suggested she make a bib for the baby. She carefully chose her fabric; justifying her choice to use red on the back by explaining that it wasn't that she doesn't like yellow, it's that she just decided to use red. She then proceeded to play inkie binkie bonkie to eliminate unwanted rick rack colors.

Align LeftBoth she and Maris helped to pin their projects and ran the pedal while I guided the fabric. Maia kept saying it was just like driving a truck.

3 comments:

Six in our Crew said...

How productive you are!! Hope you feel better soon! Try and get some rest!

gma said...

Cute, cute, cute! The bib is great. Remind me to find the wallet I sewed for my mom many many years ago. Of course she didn't use it, it was to pretty she said. Guess it is a pass on! hummmm, to whom should it go?? It already might already be in one of the kid's box that they get when I leave this ol earth!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so great and it
was a wonderful time spent together.