In the morning I heard the girls in the kitchen and I just knew an egg sandwich and coffee were in the works, but after being led into the kitchen with my eyes shut tight I was surprised by this sight:

Yes, a breakfast of reheated corn on the cob, cheez-its, a frozen banana muffin, and kool-aid. YUM!!
The girls and Mark showered me with gifts: dark chocolate truffles from Emily, an Arizona ice tea from Madsion, a snickers bar from Maris, a caramel green apple sucker from Maia, a new maternity shirt and raspberry candies from Moriah, and sewing notions from Mark. Javan gave me a smile and a happy birthday wish. What a guy!
After the mornings festivities Mark and Maris took me to Bistro 234 where I enjoyed a Mediterranean Melt and some iced tea. Then it was off to the fabric store!! Thanks to Grandma and Papa, Aunt Ellen, and Lilly I had quite a shopping spree. First I walked around the store and looked at everything, then I walked around again and looked at everything, finally I was ready to pull bolts and take them to the cutting table. Here are the fabrics that made the cut (pun intended):



For dinner Mark "made" Chinese. It actually came from a new restaurant in Waterford that has great garlic chicken. After dinner came the Costco white cake with cheesecake filling ( I really wanted carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, but Costco's carrot cake has nuts in it and I prefer a nutless carrot cake).

To end the day I watched John Adams.
I have been thinking about the 37 things I am most thankful for, but that is a lot of things! I never even finished my 36 from last year. Maybe I will work through the year to present you with 38 things next year.

7 comments:
Happy Birthday sweet Amy! I can't wait to see what you make with all that great fabric. One day soon we will actually plan a visit!
All that fabric and so much you can do with it! Reminds me of my quilting and applique days!
Yummy breakfast!
The girls even served your breakfast on a fancy plate - how special. I know you had a great day - if you thank the Lord for each child, and one on the say you only have to think of 28 if my math is right! Love to you.
opps typo one on the way! (not say)
Happy Birthday, belatedly. Nice, nice fabrics!
you have two daughters missing, what's Moriah's excuse?
Hey- look us us blogging again!
Post a Comment