Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Night Out

Saturday night Mark had 2 tickets to the Gallo Performing Arts Center. I was pretty excited! I had my first pedicure,


bought a new dress, and even got my hair done!


We made it through the first act and then were relieved to get a phone call from Michaela; she had a headache and thought she was dying. I know that sounds terrible, but the play was awful! I barely chuckled two times. The jokes were not funny, the actors were irritating and the seating was tight.

We ended up spending the night at my parents with all eight of our kids! After picking Michaela up from her house we arrived at my parents and were greeted by this:


Madison was rocking Josiah and singing Hush Little Baby, the song I sing to him every day at nap and everynight at bed time. Too sweet!

Sunday Moriah was still in too much pain to go to church so we decided to spend the day watching the girls swim.


That night we had a wonderful dinner complete with an apple pie, which Michaela made with apples from my dad's tree. (Melissa, notice the "which" clause;-)


I'm sure Mark and I will get a chance to go out again some time, but while I was out on this particular night I just kept thinking, "I could be home with my kids." Mark said he was thinking, "I could be home watching The Office, now that's funny."

7 comments:

copperswife said...

Too bad about your night out, but hey! Pedicure! New dress! Good stuff! (You looked lovely, by the way!)

Emily Campbell said...

The Office and a Pizza sounds good to me - we have alot of those kinds of dates!

Anonymous said...

All your photo's look great - thought I would just write one thing for the bunch - pie looks really good.

Six in our Crew said...

Now I know why you didn't call us - you would have had to share some of that yummy looking pie!! How did Michaela learn to make a pie crust? We always do apple crisp because we can't mess that up :)!

gma said...

Looks like you enjoyed our place - by the way everyone, they left the house clean! Not even a pie crumb to say they were there. The pie does look very yummy!!!!!! Good job Michaela - when are you coming over to bake papa and I one???

Katie said...

Your FIRST pedicure!?!? Oh my!! Well, good for you!! Cute!!

Thanks for the pics of Moriah... Ouch!! :(

Yeah... Steph M & I were just talking about how we used to try doing anniversaries alone w/oout the kids, and didn't really enjoy being away from them for very long. We'd rather be WITH them...

That's too bad about not enjoying yourself... It does happen sometimes... bummer... We can relate....

I loved that red lipstick!! You looked amazing!!

It was great chatting w/ ya a bunch today!! :)

Take care!

Katie said...

Yes!!! I forgot that part of the comment...

The pie did turn out very impressive!! :)