Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!


When Mom called to see if I would write something to you for Father's Day I was watching The Muppet Show. I thought that you remind me of Kermit, or Kermit reminds me of you. Any way, I also thought about how much it means to me that you are supporting me through school and wanted to thank you for buying all those nice work clothes for me. Thanks for everything, Dad!
Happy Father's Day!

~Michaela


My Dad's Favorite Sayings:
1. It will feel better when it quits hurting
2. You fell for that like an egg from a tall chicken
3. Better to have and not need it than need it and not have it
4. Did you see that elephant?
5. You feel that pain? It's letting you know you're alive
6. Child to Dad: "I want ______." Dad's reply: "People in hell want ice water."
7. If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that
8. A-notaknow no-q jokinwa
9. Give your mother a kiss before I kick your teeth in

~Javan



When ever my dad finds something new to do, that he likes, he does it a lot!
A few years ago my dad taught himself how to make pizza. He was always making up new recipes and constantly trying to make the dough taste better. For about two weeks, pizza was all we ate, breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
A little later, my dad started baking strawberry flavored cakes, the kind you get in a box at the store. For several weeks, when he got home from work, he would bake one of these cakes. I remember one night one of his friends called, my brother answered the phone and told him that my dad was baking a pink cake. My dad heard this and yelled, "I'm cleaning my guns, I'm cleaning my guns!" There are many other things my dad has found out about, thought were fun and did what ever they were a thousand times, but I think these two are the ones worth mentioning.
I never know what wacky and fun thing my dad will do next, but it makes me happy knowing that I'll be there to do it with him!
Happy Father's Day, Dad!

~Moriah

My Favorite Things To Do With My Dad:
1. Shooting
2. Geo Caching
3. Playing Chess
4. Watching Movies with Him

~Emily



What I Love About My Dad:
1. That he is my dad!
2. He works and gets paid
3. He loves us
4. He plays with us
5. He makes us laugh
6. He prays with us at night time
7. He is fun
8. He is my dad

~Madison




"Daddy I like you to bring me to work with you. I like you to come home and take care of me while mama is gone. I like to watch movies with you. Happy Father's Day, Daddy!"

~Maris



"My favorite thing is going with my daddy to his work. I like Daddy buying chips, then when it's my birthday I want him to get me a present. Very special about my daddy is when he buys me candy, then I want him to buy me a different clock because my other clock is broken. He kisses me and hugs me. Daddy buys me pop cycles and twin pops, then when we come home I kiss Daddy and hug Daddy."

~Maia


"Daddy's Home!"

~Josiah

2 comments:

Caroline Howard said...

That was great! Hey Mark, next time we get together can you make us one of those "pink cakes"!

Katie said...

Wow!! This was a GREAT idea, Amy!! I loved this part ost of all, of reading your latest blogs....;)

How special!!! :)