Saturday, June 7, 2008

Even More Fun With Friends

Saturday was another fun-filled day for us! We were invited to our friends to help with some yard work, as they will be moving soon. I meant to take pictures of the work but Josiah met with an accident and required my attention for the duration of the working part of the day (I did pull about 3 weeds before being forced to sit on a chair with Josiah in the shade). I then offered moral support, cheering Moriah on as she pulled out a huge weed roots and all! With so many hands the yard was soon in shape and we were ready to enjoy the rest of the day.

We had an early birthday celebration for Maris:



The girls did a lot of playing and giggling, and HG showed of her self portrait skills with the digital camera:



The swings were pretty popular, as were the homemade ice cream sandwiches:




Mr. H played a little catch with the boys and Emily:





I offer you the picture on the left because it's cute, and the picture on the right because Nertz is the funnest card game and I just happened to be the all-time winner for this particular round, dethroning Emily (aka The Storm)!

2 comments:

Caroline Howard said...

Ha ha ha ha (that's my evil laugh), Emily has been dethroned by a mom....her mom!!! Mom's rock!! Ha ha ha ha ha

NNA said...

Hi , I found your blog by searching for “Nertz” online. It is cool to see others that know the game. I hope you don’t mind but I just wanted to let you know about playnertz.com. It has got a bunch of Nertz information there as well as videos and online Nertz games. Feel free to check it out. Also you, your friends/family are welcome to join fellow Nertz players in The National Nertz Association while you are there.