Monday, June 23, 2008

Sunday Afternoons with Mr. B

Just a brief sampling of how I spend my Sunday afternoons for those at work who want an explanation for why, on Monday, I never know "who won the game," or why I stare at them blankly while they recount some amazing feat of ground acquisition glory witnessed on ESPN:

After church, it's off to Papa and Grandma's house to play with cousins, eat lunch, swim, and capture pictures like this. Too much cuteness for a 5 megapixel camera! A closer inspection of Josiah's right lower mandibular margin (dental jargon) will reveal, not dirt - which is what one typically finds on this kid's face - but the remains of a chocolate-covered ice cream bar.

Driver's Training

Inside Javan's head: "I look good. I feel good. I'm the 'Javanator' with wheels, baby! The Javan Basnight machine -- zero defects. This permit thing is just a formality, anyway; I've been driving since I was eight. I could pass the road test with my eyes closed, driving backwards, uphill, drinking a soda. Speed limits? You've gotta be kidding me. I can't wait until I'm driving without my dad, so I don't have to hold this ridiculous 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock position on the steering wheel. Hey, wait a minute... if I angle that side view mirror just right I could see my bicep while I'm driving... sweet!"

Inside Dad's head: "I remember teaching this kid to ride a bike. Maybe I should put a helmet on him just in case."


I love it when I hear the kids say, "Dad, watch this!" or, "Dad, look at me!" Those statements simultaneously have entertainment value, pique my curiosity, and spike an adrenalin rush: The last time I heard Emily utter these words she was 30 feet off the ground up in a tree. Today, I'm watching her work on her lats... sort of.


Spotting for Josiah during a routine workout.




2 comments:

Gibby said...

Hey Javanator or Mr Biceps,
The wrap-around shades are real COOOL!! I just had to look closely to see if you were driving an Accord!! PHEEW!! See you guys Sunday!!

Gibby & the MRS......

Divine Diva In NC said...

My DH is really enjoying me reading your blog to him. The 2nd Amendment one got him hooked. He is not much for the computer. His 'travels' consist of vehicles on Craigslist and eBay Autos LOL

Have a blessed day!

Tamara
http://www.xanga.com/Divine_Diva_in_NC

PS: I noticed your fav blogs are also some of mine. I ended up here via Cheryl (Copper's Wife) via Kenj via Fletch.