Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ultimate Cup Stacking

A few years ago my sister gave the kids a cup stacking game. It was great fun for all the kids and they could often be found perfecting their cup stacking skills rather than doing their chores or school work. As with all toys/games the cup stacking competitions eventually waned and I haven't tripped over a stray cup for quite a while. Well, all that changed today when I walked into to my room looking for something but instead of finding the sought for item, I discovered this:



Yesterday Mark and I bought 240 red cups for use on camping trips and when friends come over. Upon seeing the creation I said "Ahhhhhhhhh.......you were not suppose to get into these!!" After explaining what they were actually intended for Maia said, "Oh, I thought they were for stacking, I didn't know they were for the Kjeldgaards and camping." Who could be mad at a simple misunderstanding when it produced such engineering genius?
Don't they look proud?


Moriah wondered what cups we would now use; we will use these, however if you find yourself as a guest at our house or campsite this summer, I suggest you check your cup before use;-)

3 comments:

Six in our Crew said...

My kids like to knock each others stacks down. It's a game.

Sh Family said...

Too cute! You need to get a pack of blue cups now and let them add to their creations!

Emily Campbell said...

Who gets to pick them up?