Sunday, June 22, 2008

Skill At Arms

"You cannot invade the mainland United States.
There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

- Admiral Isoruku Yamamoto.


This is one of my favorite WWII quotes. Admiral Yamamoto was the commander of the Imperial Japanese Navy during WWII, and he learned something about American culture while a student at both the U.S. Naval War College and Harvard University: Americans owned guns. Not just the privileged, the military, and the police; but average citizens in vast numbers all across the country possessed firearms. Americans were pretty serious about gun ownership as well, in fact, it's part of our Bill of Rights (anti-gunner, left-wing, revisionist historian, socialist, pansy, legislate-from-the-bench, liberal, cry-babies need not read on - this blog is for patriots). Skill at arms has been part of American culture from our country's nascency, and to that end we spent some time this weekend with friends exercising our Second Amendment rights.

.22 cal rim-fire: standard issue for the red, white, and blue. Dad and daughter quality time. (I'm getting a little misty-eyed as I type)

So many calibers, so many choices, what should I shoot first? Note the most dangerous fruit west of the Mississippi.




This photo is right off the cover of 'Mike Man's Manly-Man Magazine'. Learning to handle a Springfield Amory Model 1911-A1 .45 ACP

Lunch was still cooking when we started out for the range, and at one point, while in the field my friend commented that, "It smelled good." I heartily agreed and said, "I love the smell of gunpowder." He said he was talking about lunch. What can I say? We had a great time! - Mr.B

2 comments:

kristi said...

I'm still a patriot but I did think in the first picture you were using an ironing board for support. Don't shoot me, ok?

Fletch said...

thanks for the mangokid labels...i was wondering which ones were mine...
also...glad to see Mr. K wearing the birthday shirt I bought him...
Fletch