


This regimen came out of a few matters of necessity:
#1 I need to exercise to stay fit and healthy
#2 We had books due at the mobile library, but no car
The three older kids had been returning the books and selecting new ones each Monday, however, last week the weather was just begging me to take a walk. So, Moriah, Emily, and I set off on the 2 mile trek down hill to the market parking lot. On arrival to our destination I felt invigorated! We hopped on into the book mobile and chose our books. I chatted with the librarian, whom I haven't seen since our little car broke down. I even saw a good friend gassing up her van and waved and said hello and goodbye as she was rushing off to pick her kids up at school. What fun, then it hit me. If we walked down hill all the way to the market it must be a 2 mile walk *gasp* up hill all the way home! I suddenly felt faint, when was the last time I ate? Did I have lunch? Will I survive the trip home? And there before me stood the answer; the market! The market is full of food and drink too, I would need to make sure I was well hydrated. The girls and I went in and purchased the calories required to succeed in arriving home. On the first trip I chose the Three Musketeers Mint Bar. Clearly the most heart healthy choice. (dark chocolate anyone?) Now, what to drink? I hated to spend so much on water. I have an endless supply of that at home. Didn't I see on a soda box that any form of liquid is hydrating? Aren't the 32 oz fountain drinks economically priced? Am I not called to be a wise steward of my finances? Pepsi it is! And so began a tradition.
Over the course of the week we made three such outings. I even took Madison for a walk, pushing Josiah in the stroller on the 1.3 mile loop near our house. That's a total of 13.3 miles! Surprisingly, when I weighed in at my parents this weekend I saw no decline in the numbers! I guess I will just have to give it more time.

3 comments:
Girl, that is my kind of diet and exercise! I love going on walks with the kids. After our last 5 mile walk they were promised red Icees. Boy did they start moving faster after that :o)
I'm cracking up!
Well, I thought you looked great the other day and as long as things stay even what's wrong with your new regime?
Post a Comment