Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Maia!

Today is Maia's 4th birthday! Maris woke her up telling her to get up and didn't she want her presents? She proceeded to tell her that Emily gives the best presents! Emily did give a great present, the leopard print dog carrier in the picture below, complete with a doggie, treats, hat and brush. But Maia said several times today that the bike Mark and I got her was the best present!

It took her a while to figure out how to maneuver the bike, but once she got it she didn't want to stop! She rode all around the house, then outside, then all through the house again. Mark and I had told her we would take her out to lunch and to pick out a birthday cake, but when it was time to go she didn't want to leave her bike. She asked if she could take it with her and when we told her no, she cried and cried. Finally we agreed to lock her bike in the shed so that no one could touch it while we were gone. This satisfied her and we were able to head to town with Josiah in tow. After lunch at Panda Express we went over to Best Buy to purchase another camera. We then went to Target to get Maia and Maris new boots, ooh I should have taken a picture of them, maybe tomorrow. These next pictures are Maia and Josiah enjoying a Jamba Juice.


When we had finished grocery shopping we headed home. Maia had requested salmon and lentils for dinner. Josiah gave me the opportunity to multi-task while making dinner! Javan is behind us making the salad. (Cheryl, look what I remembered)

Several years ago the kids and I went to paint pottery and I made this Birthday plate. Around the rim in addition to the "Happy Birthday" are Michaela, Javan, Moriah, Emily, and Madison's names. There are also some "???" for Maris as I was pregnant at the time and not yet sure who she was. The plate comes out each birthday and the birthday child gets to eat off of it. Every time we bring it out the kids and Mark tell me I need to make a new one, someday I will, but for now this is the special plate.


Maia prayed for our dinner tonight.



We tried to get a picture of her blowing out the candles, but even before we were half way through the song she had blown out the candles and was pulling them out of the cake!


When I asked Maia what her most favorite things were, or the things she was thankful the most for she told me
1. going on vacation
2. going to Lilly's house
3. going to Michalea's house
4. going to Papa and Grammy's house

Apparently she is a girl on the go!

Happy Birthday Maia! We love you!

4 comments:

copperswife said...

Happy birthday, Maia!! Your bike is beautiful!!

Amy, good for you remembering your apron!!!!!

Six in our Crew said...

Happy Birthday Maia! Hope to see you soon! Auntie Melissa, Uncle Wade and cousins

Emily Campbell said...

Happy Birthday Maia from Kelsey and the Campbell's! Kelsey love to ride her bike too!

Caroline Howard said...

Happy Birthday to you!
~Emma H.