

Saturday our friends Howie's gal and family from Filling My Freezer came for lunch and dinner. After lunch the guys and the big kids went target shooting and Howie's gal and I sewed all afternoon. We made a dress like this for her little girl.
While on the shooting outing Emily chipped two clay pigeons in half and "busted the brains" (those are her words) out of another. She was very excited, to say the least. Mark shot wonderfully as usual, Javan shot well, and Mr. Howie had a lot of fun.
When the shooters came back we shared some yummy chili and corn bread, then played some pretty wild hands of Nertz! Emily was the winner! However, HG has declared that she demands a rematch! Unfortunately, we have no pictures from our day together. Maybe HG will send me a picture of her little one in the dress and I can at some point just post a bunch of sewing projects.
Sunday we went over to my sisters to enjoy a belated Easter dinner and egg hunt. It was a beautiful day and we all shared a pleasant afternoon eating good food and watching the cousins run around together.
Here are some pictures I stole from my sisters blog:
All the Cousins....(as you can see more than half are ours!)

Mark hiding the eggs for the big kids. He and Javan apparently did an excellent job as the kiddos were unable to find them all.

Emily reaching..........

Josiah digging for another. He was absolutely delighted to discover candy inside the eggs. He found his first egg on the patio and after harvesting the candy out of it, he returned the egg to it's hiding place!

Maia racing to find her eggs.

Thanks everyone for the pictures, both given and pirated!

4 comments:
What a fun weekend! So does everyone dance or just the kids?
Emily
Mark was the only one that didn't dance. I was asked twice by two different boys. It was so much fun, good exercise too!
Um, a little clarification here....I totally won the second round and Emily only won by 15 in the first round. And yes, a re-match is in order!!!! Oh, and you left out some "stuff" from Sat. :o)
I will get you a pic of E in her dress.
~howiesgal
Hi , I found your blog by searching for "Nertz" online. It is cool to see others that know the game. I hope you don't mind but I just wanted to let you know about playnertz.com. It has got a bunch of Nertz information there as well as videos and online Nertz games. Feel free to check it out. Also you, your friends/family are welcome to join fellow Nertz players in The National Nertz Association while you are there.
Post a Comment