Was it just last month that Josiah was in the hospital? It seems like forever ago! Mark was at work that day, and I was home without a car. I can't remember if my mom had called me or if I called her, but when she found out what was going on she offered to drive all the way out here (1 hour and 15 min) to pick us up so that Mark wouldn't have to leave work, after having been gone from the house since 4:30 am, just to arrive home and turn around and go again. This was very sweet of my mom as she too gets up and out of the house very early each morning to go to work. When my mom got to our house I felt bad that she had come all the way up because Josiah seemed to have perked up a little. She felt we should still take him to the ER. My mom dropped us off so she could get back home. Shortly after arriving, Mark met us in the waiting room. He knew that the wait would be long and Josiah seemed to not be as bad as he was earlier. He suggested we just go home and make an appointment with the pediatrician the next day. I thought, "are you kidding? My mom just drove 2 and half hours round trip to get us here, if we leave she's not gonna be happy!" I offered for Mark to go sleep in the car, but of course he stayed with us. As you all know Josiah did end up having bilateral pneumonia. And so, it is with much appreciation that I award Grammy Helen (or Big G as Javan likes to call her) the Golden Grammy Award!

1 comment:
Second that! Where was Lilly when you took this picture?
Post a Comment