
and while taking that picture I remembered I hadn't taken a picture of Josiah's. Every time I put these on him he says "Fish, fish", Mark has tried to get him to say shark, but he's sticking with fish.

Maia has been on her bike more than she has been off of it. Tuesday night she asked if she could sleep on the couch so that she could have her bike close by. At about 2 o' clock in the morning I woke up to the sound of Maia riding her bike down the hall and into our bedroom. She parked the bike near my side of the bed and crawled in! Wednesday she had the bike in my room while she laid down for a nap and when I came in to snuggle with her she asked if we could switch sides so she could see her bike! She even gives her sisters rides.

I finished my pot holder. It is a far cry from perfect, but it's functional and cheery, good enough for me.


Maris is doing very well with her phonics program and we had a great day reciting phonograms and adding some new spelling words to her log book.

We even had a visit from Mickey Mouse today! He stops by now and again, too bad Madison always seems to out when he arrives.

And here are the boots!

Moriah has been spending most of her time sleeping as her pain meds cause drowsiness. She has been up a little today and says her finger is very sore. Please remember to pray for her and her recovery.

4 comments:
9372 Said... Nice boots.
Love the part about Maia riding down the hallway at 2:00 a.m.!! I'm surprised she wasn't eating a hot dog:)! - Auntie
Papa says I remember my first bike. It was a 24", I think I got it in the springtime. I was probably about 8 or 9. Greatpapa said he had a surprise for me, but we had to get in the car to go get it. We drove to the Railway Express depot where we found a long flat box with his name on it. We took the box home, where we opened it to find a new byclcle. I was so excited. After some assembly, Greatpapa helped me get started by walking along and holding on to the back fender so I would not fall over while I got used to pedaling and steering. No trainer wheels for me. After a while, I seemed to be getting the hang of it and Greatpapa was getting a little winded, so he let go and I was on my own. After about 50 feet or so I realized he wasn't holding on, so I promptly crashed because I couldn't do it without help. He quickly reminded me I had done it without help until I saw that he had let go.
Thanks for sharing your memories Papa. We love to hear stories from when you were a kid!
Post a Comment