Our Friends Mara and Jason came for dinner tonight. On the menu: Cowboy Chili, corn bread and salad. After dinner we played The Mexican Train. A super fun domino game. I lost horribly, but had a great time! Mara very generously allowed me the use of her camera so that I could share some photos with you. You may be wondering what happened to our new camera. I hate to tell you that two days after purchasing it a certain Basnight dropped the camera while trying to take a picture for me. She was very sorry and very forgiven, however we remain cameraless until I take the time to get it repaired.
Moriah posed as model for these aprons I made:
Front view of a Mary Jane's Farm Maternity Apron
Saturday Night Apron, pattern from Vanilla House DesignsI'm sure I smiled the entire time I was making this apron. It is just too fun! I made this for a lady Mark works with. I think I need one too! (Simplicity 3752)

Here are some monkey p.j.'s for Madison. She actually did most of the sewing for these. Josiah saw me with the camera and had to be in on it!

This is a pot holder in the making, back and front view both featuring Josiah's hand. I just need to finish quilting one side of the back and then finish it with some bias tape. I'm thinking about yellow, but not sure. Any suggestions?

This is a bib I tried to make from Bend the Rules Sewing. I don't think I enlarged the pattern enough though. I think this bib will be for the girls dolls. Josiah was a reluctant model this time.

That's all for now. Enjoy your weekend!




7 comments:
Is the maternity apron an announcement of sorts? You're falling behind on our birthing schedule! :)
-Lis'
no announcements here, it's a gift. I've been wanting to make one for another expecting mom of many we know, but could never decide on a color and now she is due soon. Can you guess who and tell me her favorite colors? Maybe she can use it post pregnancy to nurse under!
~Amy
That ruffled apron is too cute!!! Lots of great sewing going on at your house!
If you keep the Satuday night apron for yourself you might be making an announcement soon! I love the fabrics you used.
~Sandi
I love your aprons! Next time we come up I'm going to have to buy one from you - I never wear them but my clothes are starting to look bad so I better start!
I don't take money from friends or family for sewing. But I'll trade;-)
Just tell me the colors/style you want and I will have one ready the next time you come to visit.
~Amy
Thanks Carrlee wants one too! we will check out some and let you know!
We would love to trade but I'm not sure what - maybe a dinner? Carrlee is laughing at me - we will figure out something!
Post a Comment