Thursday, April 10, 2008

What We've Done Today, A Few Highlights

In an effort to achieve "cool mom" status, I let the girls make bath paint. The directions said you could also use it on wax paper. Here are Maia, Madison, Maris and Emily experimenting with the "paint":


Here they are getting a little out of control:

And this is what we looked like after cleaning up!:


Maia must have only used the non colored paint. Could you imagine what they'd look like if I would have actually put them in the tub with that stuff?!

After lunch while the kids played out side:

(Madison swinging like a monkey!)

(Emily tending her orange tree)

I finished Moriah's p.j.'s:


And whipped up a pair for Maia in this sweet "pupcake" print:



I didn't make this skirt today, but never got to post it due to our old camera croaking. (Obviously we have a new one) This is Moriah's from the fabric she chose at JoAnn's last month.




We also learned about Ostriches today. Did you know that they don't bury their heads in the sand. And the noise they make sounds like my kids screaming? Also, when two family groups meet they will have a chasing competition with the winning adults taking the other's chicks! We read that there will sometimes be as many as 300 chicks with just a few adults to tend to them! Does that make our job seem a little more manageable?

Hope you have had as much fun today as we have!

1 comment:

Caroline Howard said...

Yeah!!!! You got a new camera :o)
I think it would have been funny to let them take a bath with the "paints". They would have come out lookin glikt the hulk!