Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Weekend

We had a fun filled weekend! Friday was spent at our friends who host a huge bon fire each April. Unfortunately, the weather did not permit a bon fire (too dry and windy), but there was a camp fire to roast hot dogs and marshmallows over and to gather around for some singing.
Mark was not feeling well so he stayed home with Josiah and Maris. The rest of the bunch came with me and were able to get in some horse back rides,

(thank you L for helping the girls! and for looking so great in the pictures!)

swinging,


and some time with good friends.


There was also a trampoline, a little quad riding, and capture the flag after dark. Madison, Maia and I left for home around 9, but the three big kids stayed the night and did some hiking on Saturday before going home with some of our other friends. On our way home that night we were singing up a storm ourselves. Madison finally got sleepy and asked if we could be quiet. I told Maia to finish her song and then we would take a rest. She ended her little personal rendition of You are My Sunshine and was quiet for a few minutes before stating that she had one more song to sing. I told her it would have to wait until we got home because Madison was very tired. She replied, "but, it's a chocolate song and it might melt!" Too cute!! I told her I didn't mind melted chocolate and that I was sure the song would keep just fine until we got home.

Saturday Mark and I took the 4 kids to town to buy a new computer for me. It will be ready to pick up on Friday. Maris got a new bathing suit, I picked up some sew through elastic to make Josiah some little boxers, and we bought a new little pool for the summer.

I met the big kids at church today and after service and lunch the girls and I were able to take part in a Baby Blessing for a friend of ours and her new baby girl. Mark stayed home with Josiah and Maris, again.
Josiah had a great nap and while he was trying to wake up, Maris took this picture:


It was very hot this afternoon and after playing in the kiddie pool the kids picked all the dead roses off the bush and Emily threw the petals from the deck down to the little ones, who squealed with delight as they tried to catch them.


I hope your weekend was as fun as ours!

4 comments:

Emily Campbell said...

Sounds like fun! We had a nice weekend too, I should get the pics posted soon!

Fletch said...

love the rose petal picture!
fletch

gma said...

I love the rose petal pic too - who cleaned up? gma

Dana said...

Hey Friend,
Where have I been? I didn't know you had a family blog. Phew. It feels good to finally be in the know.
Man did we miss not going this weekend.We had a baseball game - to finish a tie.
Bummer.
Fun to see pic's though.